University: ‘‘Institut Polytechnique Rural de Formation et de Recherche Appliquée (IPR/IFRA), Bamako, Mali’’.
Research area: Sustainable agricultural
Tell us about the experience.
Which activities have you participated within the RARSUS project?
At the end of the first semester (June 2018), we have received opportunity to apply for a financing Program of our MSc. thesis research activities. One month later, I received notification from my department that I have been awarded of this program.
Since this moment, RARSUS Project made contact with me by sending a form to be filled out. This form was related to my identity, address, and references of supervisors.
The following exchanges were to make periodical progress of the research work to RARSUS project. In addition, I had been happy to present my master thesis progress during a visit made, in November by Dr Emmanuel Ambé Cheo, one of my supervisor.
What is your role within the project? What outcomes are you responsible for?
My role in this project is to write my MSc. thesis and to provide an article at the end of the research. This is a means to contribute in achieving RARSUS objectives.
What is your research topic?
My research topic is about Profitability Analysis of Fertinova (biofertilizer) Use on Small-Scale Rice and Sorghum Farmers Revenues in Ségou and Sikasso Areas, Mali.
Tell us about the research you are going to attend
Malian agriculture is facing many problems such as soil fertility depletion and non-availability of high potential land. In the other hand, this is added to the low management of local resources and organic fertilizers in particular. The use of bio-fertilizer like Fertinova (micro-organism from the roots « NOVA » and 100% bio-certified) on rice and sorghum is one of the ways for farmers to face the challenges of low fertility of soil and lack of high potential land. Therefore, this study will provide empirical evidence on factors which are determinants for bio-fertilizer use on the gravitationary irrigation system of rice and low-lying systhem of the sorghum.
Findings from this study will contribute to help the policymakers’ decision for an efficient use of local resources and an intensification of sustainable agricultural practices in order to improved livelihoods of rice farmers. Impact is to make soils more fertile permeable by reducing the waste of resources including water, inputs and improve the income of producers by decreasing the cost and increasing the benefit.
The broad objective:
The main objectives of this study is to contribute to improving the productivity and income of producers through the use of biofertilizer.
The specifics objectives of this study are to:
- analyze the socio-economic and institutional factors of small-scale producers using Biofertilizers in production rice and sorghum;
- analyze the determinants factors of biofertilizer use;
- determine the profitability of bio-fertilizer (Fertinova) on the income of rice and sorghum producers.
What are the achievement you have made so far within the project?
The successes that I realized in this project are among other:
- The exploits that I achieved until there in the project is located to the level of the good working of my activities thanks to use of the articles, the e-learning context …
- This study will allow me to progress in the project of research whose results (The memory and the article) will be published in the newspaper of the RARSUS project.
The Provisors Result on this study are one the different Treatment who are at two level :
- The Station and Peasant environnement.
- Treatment 1: Absolute witness without contribution of fertilizing
- Treatment 2: Advisable mineral manure (FMR)
- Treatment 3: Fertinova (1 tonne/ha)
- Treatment 4: Fertinova (1 tonne/ha) + FMR
- Treatment 5: Fertinova (1 tonne/ha) + ½ FRM
- Treatment 6: 5 t/ha of Manure organic FO + FMR
- In Relation to the visual aspect of the Treatments, while waiting for the harvests, the Treatments T4 and T6 seems to be the Best for Sorghum in Finkolo (Sikasso), T2 and T5 to be the best for Rice irrigated in Niono.
This is Some Pictures:
RARSUS project for me is………………….
very interesting in the context of capacity building in its various fields of intervention. Personally the project contribute to the attack of the objectives of my Master Thesis Research
The project RARSUS has contribute to the good progress my Master Thesis Research personally.
Example: consistent, financially, tool……… And through the project I had the experiment concerning research.